Health First Cold Defense
Non-drowsy Cold Formula for relief of cold symptoms.
If cold and flu season has turned you into a mucousy mess, you want something that works fast. You’ve tried everything from lizard soup to an onion in your socks! There are lots of natural remedies out there, but one of the best we’ve found is traditional Chinese medicine.
Health First Cold Defense is a unique combination of traditional Chinese herbs that attack your cold from all angles. Andrographis is added to reduce symptoms, ginseng to flush toxins, Huo Xiang to support the respiratory system, and astragalus to build immunity. Last but not least, Fang Feng defends against future infections!
Features & Benefits:
- Non-drowsy formula
- For prevention and relief of cold and flu symptoms
- Helps to maintain immune function
1. We are exposed to a multitude of bacteria and pathogens daily. Our own healthy immune systems protect us from most of these invaders. However, when our immune system is weakened with stress, trauma, poor nutrition, overeating, tiredness, or intoxication, we leave vulnerabilities in our immune system, leaving us more susceptible to colds or flu.
2. When a cold or flu gets past our immune system, it often affects our stomach. Not only can we experience stomach upset, but the digestive ability of the stomach is weakened. A weakened digestive system makes fighting a cold or flu that much more difficult.
3. Cold-Defense helps the body deal with a cold or flu in several ways. The herb Huo Xiang helps to settle and strengthen the stomach. Next, Andrographis begins to neutralize the invading virus with its antimicrobial and antiviral properties. Meanwhile, the formula’s Ginseng and Astragalus
re-strengthen the immune system and act as energy for the Andrographis.
4. An important element of the Cold-Defense formula is one overlooked by similar formulas. Overcoming the infection with herbs such as Andrographis is not enough. The infection’s toxins must be released from the body or they will hide in the tissues adversely affecting long-term health. The Fang Feng in Cold-Defense helps the body open its natural channels for expelling
the toxins, which also reduces related neck and shoulder pains.
Adults and adolescents (12 and over):
For immediate relief of cold symptoms:
Days 1-2: Take 3 capsules, 3 times per day (9 capsules daily).
Days 3-4: Take 1 capsule, 3 times per day (3 capsules daily).
Continue with 1 capsule, 3 times per day if symptoms persist and consult a health care practitioner.
Each vegetable capsule contains
American ginseng root (Panax quinquefolius) 5% ginsenosides: 200 mg
Andrographis leaf extract (Andrographis paniculata) 30% andrographolide: 70 mg
Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus) 10:1 extract: 10 mg
(from 100 mg astragalus root powder)
Fang feng root (Saposhnikovia divaricata) 5:1 extract: 30 mg
(from 150 mg Fang Feng root powder)
Huo xiang herb (Agastache rugosa) 5:1 extract: 30 mg
(from 150 mg Huo Xiang herb powder)
Non-medicinal ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, and capsule shell (cellulose and purified water).
Caution: Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have a bleeding disorder, diabetes, hormone-sensitive cancer, or an auto-immune disorder. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking blood thinners, digoxin, or immunosuppressants. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
Storage: Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not use if under cap safety seal is broken.
Natural Product Number (NPN): 80090613
Information for educational purposes only. A health professional should be consulted prior to use.
Free From: artificial colours, artificial flavours, corn, dairy, gluten, soy, sugar, yeast, and GMOs. Vegan friendly!
Made in Canada and sold exclusively by Health First Network Members to support healthy Canadian communities.
Our packaging is made from 100% recycled or recyclable materials to save plastic from landfills and put the health of our communities first.
*Results may vary from person to person