Common Adaptogenic Herbs for Adrenal Fatigue
- Licorice: assists the adrenals by preventing the breakdown of cortisol. By sparing cortisol it helps maintain energy levels so you are able to deal with the stress. Licorice is also supportive in protecting the liver.
- Rhodiola: is an adaptogen that has been widely known as an anti-stress herb for mood disorders, fatigue and adrenal weakness. It can support adrenal health by reducing the secretion of cortisol in stressful situations. Rhodiola can also enhance concentration and increase energy levels.
- Ashwagandha: another adaptogen, Ashwagandha is one of the only adaptogens that enhances the thyroid function while also boosting the adrenal function. It also regulates cortisol levels, which can help with energy levels dealing with stress. Ashwagandhas properties include, reducing inflammation, calming the mind, balancing hormones and relieving anxiety.
- Maca: Is grown in the Andes Mountains, it has been touted as a superfood and is known for improving libido, fertility and mood. When used overtime maca nourishes and enhances the function of the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, which restores balance to the adrenals.
- Siberian Ginseng: is another adaptogen that can help reduce chronic stress by regulating the HPA axis (Brain-adrenal axis), effectively decreasing depression, anxiety and other HPA axis disorders.
Now that we have established what herbs are beneficial for adrenal fatigue, it is the perfect time to consider what herbs are beneficial for other health concerns. Check out the link below to read our article on herbs and which ones are good for womens health.