How To Maintain Proper Hand Hygiene
During this unprecedented time, we are all taking precautions as a society. Inevitably, we will have to venture out to get groceries or pick up essential items and are going to come in contact with public surfaces. So how can we protect ourselves, while also maintaining proper hygiene? Lets take a look.
Currently the World Health Organization is suggesting some basic protective measures during the outbreak.(1) Some of those suggestions include:
- Washing your hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching, eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control) also recommends washing hands with soap and water whenever possible because hand washing reduces the amounts of all types of germs and chemicals on hands. But if soap and water are not available, using a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol can help you avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. (2)
For times when you are unable to wash your hands, a hand sanitizer is a great item to have on hand.
Herbal Glo Ultra Clean Hand Sanitizer Spray is made with 80% alcohol. It also contains other supportive ingredients like, aloe vera, vitamin e, tea tree oil, hydrogen peroxide and witch hazel to keep your hands moisturized and sanitized.
Just spray onto hands and rub thoroughly into hands for at least 30 seconds and allow to dry.
(1) “Advice for Public.” World Health Organization, World Health Organization, www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public.
(2) “Show Me the Science – When & How to Use Hand Sanitizer in Community Settings.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3 Mar. 2020, www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me-the-science-hand-sanitizer.html.